Sleekgeek

Thursday, March 7, 2013

A little set-back - A common cold!

I'm half-way through the challenge, and i woke up this morning feeling bleak.

Not because i'm tired or sore from training, but because i'm down with a bit of a common cold.

And we all know, when grown men are ill, they are the biggest babies... and i'm one of them...!

I just want to stay in bed, be nursed, eat chicken soup and drink orange juice.

Oh...and watch "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"


My biggest concern right now is obviously how much this might set me back in terms of training. In the last 4 weeks since i started the challenge, I trained 6 days a week - possibly overdoing it a bit. I guess the lack of sleep might have contributed too - considering the ink wasnt even dry after my "Fatigue" post - when i started feeling sick.



I posted about this cold on the Sleek Geek Facebook group and was quite amazed at the amount of responses I got about how to handle- and treat it.

General consensus is not to train, to rest, take Vitamin C and quite a few people suggested Tissue Salts...

Seeing as my Sleek Geek Journey is all about experimenting with new things that I've never done before, I've decided that I'll get myself some Tissue Salts.

Tissue salts are a group of minerals that should be present in the body for it to function optimally. But unhealthy lifestyles often deplete our reserves, leading to illness.



Clearly, with all the changes that I've put my body through over the last few weeks, the minerals need to be adjusted and supplemented in order for my body to repair, maintain and nourish itself.

I've also found an article online that claims that if you follow a healthy diet, a good exercise regime and take tissue salts, it will detoxify your body and will improve your metabolism. When your metabolism rate is higher, you will be able to lose more weight too.

So let's hope that I can shake this nasty bug in a day or two especially considering that I've just started training harder to take part in the Warrior Race in 10 days' time!

This might be a set-back for a day or two, but i wont let it get me down!

Happy and Healthy Thursday!
LSx 




No comments: