Sleekgeek

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

And so it starts... (Day 1)



Hey, my name is Leo.

I'm 31, I live in Joburg, I work in the TV industry and i've always disliked gym...


I'd much rather go out meeting mates for a Pizza and a beer than going to gym.

Needless to say, by doing that too often, i started picking up weight, eventually leaving me feeling unfit, unhealthy, unattractive and fat...

But THAT all stops now. No more "un" words.

I started following the Sleek Geek story as it kicked off in 2012 and i was quite impressed with not only the progress results the participants had made, but also by the social media following that this very cool idea Elan created, had received...

At the peak of my weight gain, (it sounds like i was obese, but i wasnt, i was just unhealthy) I split from my partner, who was totally obsessed with gym. He was a fitness freak, he was buff, strong, lived off tuna and protein shakes... and i always thought to myself, what the fuck... have a slice of Pizza you freak! Live a little...!

Little did i know (then) what effects my unhealthy eating habits had, not only on my body - but also on my relationship. He left me for someone who was like him. Slim and toned and goes to gym often...

So here i was, about to turn 31, recently single, i felt ugly and fat and unwanted... but i know it was only my head telling me all this bullshit... because i had the power to CHANGE it!

That's when I decided to enter the Sleek Geek "Comeback Kid" Challenge - because i'm making a comeback...



And I quote a friend of mine from L.A. who works in the Film Industry there. He said "Leo, I'm so happy for you. Everybody loves a good comeback! Especially after a great divorce, you got fat and now have control over your life again".

I'm doing this purely for myself. Not because i need approval from anyone else. I'm doing this because i want to live longer, be stronger, healthier and happier. 

So ladies and gentlemen, The heat is on!

Watch this space.

LS x




No comments: