Sleekgeek

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Day 3 - Sleep when you're dead!

My alarm is set for 5am - early, i know - but i use this great iPhone app called "Motion X - Sleep" that monitors and analyzes your sleep cycles, it wakes you up refreshed and rested at the optimal time in your sleep cycle and it shows you your sleep pattern, the amount of hours in light sleep, deep sleep and total sleep times.

By using this app, i've started noticing an immediate improvement on my energy levels - especially because i was the guy who normally slept till 8h15, jumped in the shower, got changed and dashed to the office by 09h00... resulting in me sleeping TOO much, feeling rushed too early in the morning and just made me overall lazy.


Now that i'm sleeping with this Sleep Monitor, i wake up feeling refreshed and rested - definitely a recommendation if you want to keep track of your sleep patterns and still want a good night's rest.

This has however also forced me to start going to bed a lot earlier.

Normally, i'd be up watching TV or reading something on my iPad easily till midnight - or 1am... but because i'm quite set on my sleep, i knew that going to bed past midnight and having to get up at 5am is only gonna kill me...

So now i try prep all my stuff the night before. Measure out my shakes, scoop out some pre-work out into a glass to drink as i wake up, pack my gym back and set out my clothes.

All this takes about 10 minutes of my time before bed but it avoids me having to rush at 5am when i'm still half asleep.


So today started on a good note. We did back exercises. A 10 minute warm-up on a bike, A good 1 1/2 hours on the floor and then i spent another 15 minutes after doing a fast paced walk finished off with 5 minutes of running at 13km/h on the treadmill.

I have a great selection of music on my iPod for that reason.

Obviously, training with Graunt does not only allows us to focus on the training, but we also get to talk about business, have a good catch up on gossip and motivate each other during this time. 

I'd strongly recommend getting a training partner who understands technique, who's patient and who's willing to show you the right way.

Go buddy Graunt!

Watch this space,
Leo

No comments: