Sleekgeek

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Day 8 - Those little injuries

Oh those little injuries...

I'm not saying this out loud, but the reason why i've been walking with a little bit of a limp the last few days is because I went for a run with my new trainers and got a bad blister from it... But listen, that apart, those Zigtech Reeboks are freaking awesome!

Then, this morning while doing back exercises,  i noticed a pinched nerve between my shoulder blades - whether it's from yesterday's chest exercise or from sleeping in a bad position, i could really feel it... But then again, nothing that a good massage cant fix.



We've all sustained injuries in the past that we never really paid good attention to at the time, and as we get older, they start haunting us.

My problem is my lower back.

In 2005, during a trip to the Caribbean, i sustained a back injury at an "island night" themed party - where i did the limbo... (Insert laughing sounds here)

The alcohol sort of numbed the pain that night, i was 23, remember, but a day later, i couldnt feel my legs.

I damaged the cushions between L3 and L4 which cost me months of physio therapy to recover but 8 years later, the after-effects of that injury are still clearly evident when doing exercise or driving long distance etc.

Now, at the age of 31, i'm taking extreme caution of my back - and again, this is why i'm stressing how important the correct form and technique is. Like i said yesterday, it's NOT always about the weight of the weight...

We're going strong on day 8. I'm feeling noticeable differences in the way my clothes fit. My jeans feel a little looser, i've had to tighten my belt through another hole and my shirts are hanging a lot more loose.

Physically a lot of changes have been going on with my body... but mentally too - I sleep better at night, I feel a lot more focused, I'm generally happier and in a better mood... So clearly something good must be going on.

Oh...and the protein shakes have started tasting a little better...

Watch this space,
Leo 










No comments: