Sleekgeek

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Confused state... too many choices

Since i can remember, i've been sort of anti- ANY supplements..., mainly because i didnt understand their function and benefit to what it is we're trying to achieve here. My opinion on them was probably because i was uninformed... and i still feel like i need to study and research the purpose of each further to know the extended effects (or advantages) in taking supplements.

So being all committed to the Sleek Geek challenge, i made my way over to Dischem yesterday for two reasons.

1. To have my blood-type tested. (More about my blood-type diet later)
2. I wanted to buy supplements and protein shakes for gym to try it out.

My challenge buddy Graunt, gave me a list of things to get - which he's been using for an extended period of time, and with me being all new to this, i had NO idea what to get.



The shelves at Dischem offers a range of different brands and different products - but what i opted for in the end, was a combination of value for money and quality products that will give me the desired results.

Initially it was a little intimidating standing in the "Bodybuilder" isle - because that's NOT what i'm planning on being or becoming... and obviously now knowing ANYTHING about these products, i didnt want to come across as dumb so i asked the sales guy for his most informed opinion on each of the items on Graunt's list for me.


Eventually i settled on the below products - each with its own benefit for my program.












1 - a Protein shake meal supplement
2 - a Pre-work out drink for increased energy
3 - CLA 3000 tablets (Fat burner)
4 - L-Glutamine Powder
5 - Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA) powder


When i got home, the first thing i did was to read the labels, taste everything to make sure i like it and then arranged them in order of use... Some in the morning, some in the evening, some after meals...

More feedback on these products to follow - because i'm new at this i think i'll change them around a bit to try others too - but for now, let's see how this goes.

Watch this space.

LS



No comments: