Sleekgeek

Monday, February 18, 2013

Week 2 - Ready, Set, Go!

Today marks the start of Week 2 of the Comeback Kid Challenge.

Woke up this morning feeling a little bit beaten by the weekend... I had a round-the-clock schedule on Saturday filled with activities and two parties... and i will confess, i did slip and have a drink.

But then again, that didnt hurt me. All it meant was that i had to work a little extra harder this morning which i did.

Sunday I went for a swim at gym - treated it as a recovery / rest day but had an urge to be active... 

By now I'm relatively used to getting up early (5am) and being at gym by 6am. It does make me feel like i get a lot more done in daylight - whereas before i'd wake up at 8am, be at the office by 9am, go to gym at 6pm and only get home after dark.

Making conscious decisions about what i eat has also been going well - and drinking Protein Shakes and supplements are also less of a hassle than what i initially thought it would be.

It all comes down to planning.

Like i said before, i pre-pack everything the night before and have it ready by the time i wake up.

In terms of lunch and dinner, I cook a fresh meal every night but make enough to have for dinner and keep some for lunch for the following day. Alternatively, I have a Tuna salad or a Kauai wrap.

Heat 2 started today as well - and to those who have just started, push though! I'm looking forward to seeing who we're competing with!

Happy Monday!

LS




No comments: