Sleekgeek

Thursday, February 21, 2013

If they can, so can I - Those Before and After stories

My alarm woke me up at 05h00, i got up, had a pre-workout drink, brushed my teeth, got dressed and left for gym only to realise that the mood i woke up with yesterday is long gone.

I was driving along, singing... at 05h30 in the morning... *chuckle*

Amazing what those endorphins can do hey!

Arrived at gym and had a good arms work-out with Graunt.

NOT the greatest pic, you were right G! ;-)


Late last night, i had a telephonic conversation with a friend, a former male pageant winner, who himself went through a complete body transformation, and we discussed my previous blog entry on feeling a bit 'fat and ugly' - but how I feel so much better now.

I then told him that i still struggle to look at the "before" pictures i posted on my blog and used as part of my Sleek Geek Entry but then he told me how important it is to have those little reminders of where we came from to keep the focus on our goals.

His before and after pics served as a great inspiration.  What inspired me more was that he used that transformation for the greater good, applying himself to become a role model to others, inspire others and most definitely change the lives of others.

Having seen his transformation from fat to fit made me realise yet again, if he can do it, then so can i.

The progress that i've made in a mere two weeks is noticeable enough to keep me going - because i want to see more!

Then i took another picture to compare with my first pic - to which my friend jokingly replied "You need to get a tan".
 
A great source of daily motivation has been the results of other people that Elan posts on the Sleek Geek Facebook group as well as on the SG Website.

And through other websites i've seen young and old, male and female, fat and thin, all races - everyone transforming their lives through being active.

That left me with one thought - If they can, so can i...

Watch this space,

Leo

(here are a few other transformation pics, just because...)












No comments: